Skip to main content

Week13


The brands I looked into were, OuterKnown Clothing, Gnarly Clothing, Volcom, GAP, Adidas

The businesses I have looked into all have similar types of deals as their advertisements. Especially with holiday season being around the corner. Mostly adds with good imagery and a 30% discount typed in bold letters. Basically, brands always want to let their consumers know that they could be getting the biggest deal ever. By immersing photos of beautiful women or good-looking men or just someone doing something cool and wearing their clothes they are showing the possibility that YOU could be like that person if you pay for their product. Unless I felt like I needed that product their advertisement means nothing. For example, OuterKnown clothing has been clogging their feed about Black Friday sales, almost to the point where it's annoying. However, I'm sure this triggers people to feel like they need to buy their products because there's a deal. They also are an environmentally conscious brand, through the advertisement they tell you how you could be saving the planet by buying their product. Gnarly clothing's Instagram ads are very cool and also include good deals. They give free stickers and try to engage with fans as much as possible.
Social media advertising has less impact on me. The reason is that the goal is to click on the add and buy the product. Basically, anything to make you click on it is what they want. I like magazine ads because there's more of an art aspect to it. You look at it for more than 3 seconds compared to seeing an ad on Facebook or Instagram. The ads you see in magazines and newspapers can be powerful, its raw and it's on paper, not a screen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week14

Week 3

In previous years I was never the type to contact a business unless it was a reservation at a restaurants or something on a very light matter. They either pick up or they don’t and thats all. I never have commented or direct messaged a business about my concerns or complaints. I always felt like the message would never get through anyways. I guess there would only be one way to figure that out.   If I had my own business I would try to response to as many comments as possible although. If I could make even one more customers happier and come back then I know I will be doing something right. Criticism is key and tiding up your loose ends could come a long way I believe.

Week13 part2

The vision I have for when it comes to ads for our brand is simplicity and beauty. Not too many words, something simple yet powerful. Our clothes are not too flashy and we intend to keep it that way. This is the beauty of being able to own your brand I believe, you can make it what you want it. Instagram is our favorite platform to use because there its simple and a picture can explain a lot. Twitter is an area we have no interest in nor do we intend on pursuing it. Facebook is okay but there is too much clutter on Facebook these days. Our influencers tag us on Instagram and that leads to people going onto our page. Banner Ads may not be for us but occasionally for a sale it could be appropriate.